Thursday, November 18, 2010

Family photos



I was looking thru some pictures from our four day summer vaca this year and started to wonder...who will look at our vacation pictures when we are old?
What is the purpose of putting the images into albums and labeling where we are and what we did?

I know that a lot of it is for myself and hubby to reflect on but what happens after us? Do they simply get thrown into the trash or given to a thrift store?

Does that mean all memory of us disappears too?

3 comments:

Kitty said...

This is one of my biggest fears. It kills me to think there's a possibility that Hubs and I will be forgotten after we're gone. I don't know how to resolve that fear, nor do I have any words of comfort for you except to say you're not alone. ((Hugs))

The B said...

thanks Kitty ((hugs))
It is a strange feeling. I am pretty sure it is a rational fear too. The buddhist in me says let it all go, but there is another voice in there that says that is not fair!

La Belette Rouge said...

Ugh. So sad. No one will want *our*photos. There will be no one to pass them onto. So darn sad.
((hugs to lovely you)).