Friday, April 24, 2015

Eve'of



This is the eve of my 45th birthday.
What an amazing gift this is!

I have made it this far,
although it has not always been smooth sailing
I have made great efforts to see past pain, 
figure out how to better myself, 
how to give more, 
how to be more compassionate and empathetic.

I am thankful that:
My body has carried me across paths I hadn't planned to take, 
my lungs have provided enough air to cry and laugh.
My eyes have given me vision to distance myself or move closer.
My voice has always been there to speak up. 

I look forward to seeing new amazing sites
Feeling deep, lovely new feelings
Smiling a lot easier
and sleeping more peacefully.

I am here, and on the edge of great new possibilities for myself

4 comments:

Mali said...

Happy happy birthday! What a wonderful list of wishes you have for yourself. I wish you all those too - and may the next 45 years be full of love and adventure and contentment and discovery and happiness.

Anonymous said...

Hi from ICLW...happy birthday!!!

Just Myself said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! From ICLW (#10)

nicole said...

Happy Happy Belated Birthday!!! Enjoy the next year & wish you all the best :)